Text Approach0 [0.00%]
Other...0 [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote (Voters: 1)

How Nomen will Manage Air File?

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 17/11/2010, 22:09

Group:
Fondatore
Sacra Famiglia Catena - 6^a Casa (casa di Don Virgo) - cerchia degli Spadaccini.

Here is an important poll that will decide how Nomen will manage Air files (animation).

I thinked about 3 possible approaches:

1) Pure Graphical Approach

It is the same approach used in MCM. You must do all actions (add frames, add animations, editing them, creating CLSN) with buttons and dialogs . It can be less speedy to use for users, but there are people who find this approach confortable

2) Text Approach

It is the same approach used in Mee. You will see Air as a text file (becouse it IS a text file), allowing you to use a CLSN Editor for defining clsn boxes. This should be very speedy but I don't know if I am able to code it. Some people marked that this approach can be hard to understand at start, but people who used Mee found it soonly very confortable

3) Half Approach

Perhaps will be the approach I will implement, but however I'd like to listen opinion of users. Half Approach means this.
You will see the Air File in a graphical way (like case 1). But when you must add/edit an animation you need to code it directly with text. After adding / Editing an animation you can also return to graphical screen to create CLSN boxes

---------------------------

What solution would you like more?

Please vote AND reply here explaining what you voted. If you have some other ideas about AIR you are welcomed to add them.

(Note: the result of votes will be helpful for me for having an impression about tastes of people, but the final solution can be different from the most voted option)

puffolotti
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 01:51

half or dual approach by definition appeals a wider target.

i think you should add 2 buttons:

one that gives the chance of a one click save into a separate text called [animno].txt in the folder of the char.

and one that wipes away from the AIR the current animation. This one should have a confirmation mask.

---
a rad feature may be the implementation of templates stored into a folder in the program's folder.

1 replies since 17/11/2010, 22:09   156 views